Your Moving Checklist and Some Helpful Moving Tips
12 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
1. Choose your mover/carrier and signed the acceptance note.
2. Sort through basement, loft, and garage.
3. Resolve what to do with prohibited items.
4. Make proper provision for your pets.
5. Decide whether or not you are taking your car.
10 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
1. Have you disposed of the things you don't want to take?
8 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
1. Prepare your mailing list of people who need your change of address.
2. Notify banking institutions, credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, hire
purchase and rental companies.
3. Round up passports, birth/marriage certificates, and other important family
4. Apply for any necessary visas.
5. Check that your current electrical goods will work in your new home.
6 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
1. Separate the kids' favorite toys.
2. Make sure your pets' vaccinations are uptodate and all necessary paperwork signed by
the veterinarian if you are taking them across state lines or out of the country.
3. Arrange for all mail to be forwarded.
4. Decide whether or not to buy any new household goods
4 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
1. Decide which clothes travel with you.
2. Start to dismantle climbing frames and/or garden furniture.
3. Finalize insurance value and terms with your mover/carrier.
4. Make arrangements arrangements for connection of services at your new home.
5. Return any borrowed library books.
6. Cancel your newspaper subscription.
7. Find new homes for your plants.
1 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
1. Defrost the refrigerator/freezer.
2. Plan simple meals for moving day to avoid using appliances.
3. Separate the luggage items you need for personal travel.
4. Clean bicycles, gardening tools, and any other gardening equipment.
5. Empty the tanks of powered tools, such as mowers.
6. Ensure you have enough medication for at least two weeks and that you have copies of
any necessary prescriptions for use at your destination.
7. Collect travelers' checks or local currency.
8. Arrange for someone to look after the children on moving day.
Ready to find out the cost of your move? Getting a moving estimate has never been easier with Ted R. Sanders Moving and Warehouse, Inc. Simply fill out the form to the right, and a representative will respond to you shortly.
Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible
Oops, there was an error sending your message. Please try again later
Ted R. Sanders Moving and Warehouse, Inc. proudly providing Nashville with local, long distance and international moving services.